I'm joining a group of bloggers to share with our readers the many aspects of raising global citizens with A - Z of Raising Global Citizens. Be sure to follow along during the month of June for insight and inspiration.
I'm sharing a fun & easy way to incorporate other cultures into your family's life: with games!
We have had a lot of fun over the years adding to our roster of games and toys that have come from or been inspired by world cultures. It's an easy way for our kids to connect with other children the world over - through the love of play.
Here are some resources to bring in new games into your home:
- Multicultural Kid Blogs shares a round up of over 20 Toys & Games from Around the World
- Make and play the Japanese game of Otedama
- Play the Italian lawn game of Bocce
- Get outside and play a Thai & Malay game of kickball
- Pick up a bar of chocolate and have a ball with the Swiss chocolate game
- Try this popular playground game from India
- Or this popular playground game from Ghana
- Bring Chinese popular culture into your home with their national sport of ping pong, popular game of Jianzi, and tangram puzzles.
Have fun discovering new places through the fun of play with your kids!